Monday, December 28, 2009

What is a good shampoo for a hedgehog and what is a good tick removal shampoo or spray?

I have a hedgehog and I would really like to knowWhat is a good shampoo for a hedgehog and what is a good tick removal shampoo or spray?
I use a gentle puppy/kitten shampoo with yucca butter. Most gentle shampoos will work, but avoid any that contain tea tree oil because it can cause reactions in hedgehogs.





None of my hedgehogs have ever had ticks. Many hedgehogs get mites, and for either of these, the most successful removal is typically done by an exotic veterinarian. Revolution (selamectin) is a topical pesticide that is used to treat a mite infestion, while ticks are often pulled out carefully. As long as your hedgehog is indoors most of the time, I don't think that he or she will get any tick problems.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment