Monday, December 28, 2009

Have any professional cosmetologists ever heard of a 'french shampoo'?

I want to remove my rich auburn color and possibly go lighter (level 7 or 8). My natural color is a dark brown with golden blond highlights, maybe a level 2. I had a 'french shampoo' done at an Aveda salon when I had a black/chocolate cherry color removed in the past. Is this the best way to remove color? Is it safest for my hair? Also, is 'french shampoo' a name that only Aveda uses, since no one seems to know anything about it? Help?!:)Have any professional cosmetologists ever heard of a 'french shampoo'?
I have never heard of a french shampoo, but it probably involves shampooing a lightener and a low volume developer into your hair. If you liked the results you can go back to that salon and have it done again, but I doubt it will get you up to a level 7 or 8. Going more than 4 levels lighter requires a lot of patience and more than one process, especially if you want to maintain the health of your hair.Have any professional cosmetologists ever heard of a 'french shampoo'?
I think I just had this done to correct color I did myself. It was called a shampoo cap, and was a mix of shampoo and peroxide (not equal parts, but I don't know the exact ratio). It certainly did a good job lifting the color, but I now have blondish-yellow hair instead of my natural brown. I can't say for certain that this is the same as a french shampoo.
I'm almost positive they did a ';shampoo cap'; on you. It's a salon formula that will gently lighten the hair. It is safe for them to do on you, but it must be watched very closely. When it is done, the lighter color you want will need to be applied, as the shampoo cap usually doesn't leave the hair the perfect color, it just lightens what you have.


Also, I've been in the beauty industry for a long time, and I've never heard of french shampoo...
I used to work in an Aveda salon %26amp; have never heard of a French Shampoo... most likely just a special name they made up... any color removal involves a lightening product (peroxide, bleach, etc) ...but you will almost ALWAYS have to re-color it afterwards to get the exact color you desire ...any color removal add damage to your hair, also, so be sure to pick a shade you will want to stick with for a while before you color it!

No comments:

Post a Comment