Monday, December 28, 2009

What brands would you recomend for horse shampoo, conditoner, spray on conditoner, etc. (for a horse show)?

I am doing a hunter show and I want to know what works best!What brands would you recomend for horse shampoo, conditoner, spray on conditoner, etc. (for a horse show)?
Mane and Tail is probably your cheapest option. Farnam products work great. You can't beat Quicksilver for white (this is what I use on my paints that are mostly white and I constantly have judges asking me how I get my paints so white!). And Pantene is the best conditioner and the scent lasts. Don't use just any human shampoos and conditioners though, horse skin has a different pH then ours and can be irritated by some human soaps.What brands would you recomend for horse shampoo, conditoner, spray on conditoner, etc. (for a horse show)?
Well I just use people shampoo and conditioner, or mane n tail. What ever I have. As for a conditioner spray I use Pepi spray, it works great! (for the mane and tail). I wouldnt use the Pepi spray on the legs because it attracts dust. As for the body I use Absorbine body shine. Thats all I can think of for now.





http://www.avilaproshop.com/index.php?p=鈥?/a>
I use Suave shampoo and conditioner....and then I buy some Infusion or whatever its called which is leave in conditioner and I put it in a spray bottle and I spray their tales and manes.....
Shampoo- Oster quic color(my mare is a chestnut)


Spray on : Show sheen hands down%26amp; show sheen detangler for her mane
cowboy magic is awsome
i would use mane and tail that is what i use on my barrel racing thourohbred halowin
Mane and Tail. IT gives a beautiful shine!
i would use mane and tail it works great it even smells good!
most places that sell horse stuff sell shampoo for horses [which is low sud and specially formulated for horses]


there are a lot to choose from depending on the colour of your horse..then there is the main and tail conditioner..go easy if you are planing on plaiting
Just go to walmart and get the cheapest shampoo/conditioner you can find in the bath section.
Depends on the color of the horse. If it's not a grey, or paint with a lot of white on it, I like Orvus because it's inexpensive, and takes just a very small amount to make lots of lather. Now, for a grey or anything with lots of white, I love Farnam white'n'brite....with just a touch of Mrs Smith's blueing thrown in. Lather them up well, let them set for about 5-10 minutes, then rinse WELL. If you don't, you'll wind up with a bluish horse. Now, for conditioner, I like the cowboy magic detangler and shine, although if you're wanting to braid, it may make things just a little slick for you to work with. Great stuff though. You work it in, comb through the hair, then after that, until they get dirty again, the comb/brush just glides through. Love that stuff.
mane %26amp; tail
Mane %26amp; Tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment