Thursday, January 7, 2010

How to make eco friendly carpet shampoo for my spray extraction machine?

The most eco-friendly one that I've used that I like is washing soda and hydrogen peroxide. For each gallon of warm water, add one tablespoon of soda, and either 1 cup of regular drugstore peroxide, or 1/4 to 1/3 cup of natural all-fabric bleach (Seventh Generation or Ecover brand).





These natural all-fabric bleaches are available at your local health food store. All it is, is 12% food grade hydrogen peroxide. It's gonna cost about $5 for 2 quarts.





Recently, I saw hydrogen peroxide being sold at K-Mart of all places, as ';natural all fabric bleach.'; I don't know what the strength of the KM product is, but you could give it a try if you have a KM nearby. It was dirt-cheap, like $1.75 for a gallon.





A problem I've had recently is the difficulty in finding washing soda. Look around. If you can't find it, I would substitute borax, the same amount (1 Tbsp per gallon).





If you have lots of dirt and grime, add 1/3 cup ammonia to your solution. People argue whether ammonia is really eco-friendly, but it is simple, cheap, and it's an excellent cleaner.How to make eco friendly carpet shampoo for my spray extraction machine?
vinegar!

No comments:

Post a Comment