Thursday, January 7, 2010

Could I use a spray bottle mixed with shampoo and water as a makeup brush cleaner.?

I looked at the ingredients of a shampoo bottle and it's main ingredients where the same as a $10 brush cleanerCould I use a spray bottle mixed with shampoo and water as a makeup brush cleaner.?
Yes you can just use Shampoo to clean your makeup brushes, but make sure it's gentle baby shampoo. If you wanna make a real makeup brush cleaner you can mix distilled water, alchohol, dishwashing soap, spray on leave in conditioner (chi and paul mitchell makes good ones)





mix 1 cup water, 1/4 cup alchohol, 1/2 tablespoon of dishsoap, 1/2 tablespoon shampoo, 1 tablespoon leave in conditioner. gently stir everything together and put it in a spray bottle. hope this helps, good luck.Could I use a spray bottle mixed with shampoo and water as a makeup brush cleaner.?
You actually don't have to dilute the mixture if you use a gentle baby shampoo or antibacterial hand soap. If you are going to use a baby shampoo make sure you use one with no conditioner or fragrance. Use Johnson and Johnson original baby shampoo. You only want to shampoo your brushes every three to four weeks. NEVER submerge the brushes. Take a small amount ( the size of a nickle or dime ) in the palm of your hand. Run your brush under warm water swirl the brush into the shampoo until it forms a lather. Then move on to the next brush. The gently massage the lather into the brush and rinse with warm water. Wring out the excess water and lay flat on a paper towel to dry over night. Don't place them in a cup as the excess water will run down and loosen the glue that holds the bristles in place. As far as cleanings in between washing try a mix of alcohol and water. around 50/50. Spray it on a paper towel and rub the brush over he damp paper towel. Like magic your done. Hope this helps.
If you want to disinfect your brushes, put alcohol (99%) in the spray bottle. I am not sure about brush cleaner, the only one I like is Cinema Secrets ... all the others suck IMO. I disinfect my personal brushes once a week and shampoo them once a month. For brushes used in cream products (foundations, cream shadows, gel liners) I just wipe them on a makeup remover wipe until the wipe is all full. Obviously I do not do that with my professional brushes! They are cleaned and disinfected after each use.
I have used hair shampoo %26amp; rinse with lots of warm water to clean my brushes but I also like to use a body shampoo sometimes. Just rinse well %26amp; tap the extra water off %26amp; let your brush air dry.


I don't use a blow dryer to help it dry faster, that messed up my bristles %26amp; made them spread out.
You can use shampoo and water to clean makeup brushes. I would consider using an anti-fungal cleaner every couple of months or so, also. You can get them quite reasonably at a beauty supply or drugstore.
something easier just use anti bacterial gel on a disposable type towel and run the brush back and fourth drys fast no bacteria will grow from left over moisture etc..
I always use this Brush Cleanser from MAC


It's 10 dollars.


Then for monthly I would use Baby Shampoo for deep cleaning the brushes.
I would suggest using a anti-bacterial soap, like Softsoap. (the clear one) I use it on a regular basis and it works really well.
I have always cleaned my make-up brushes with a week solution of baby shampoo and water. I have never had any problems.
i wouldnt use a regular shampoo. I use baby shampoo because it's gentle
Yes, I do the same thing and it works great. Make sure to rinse them well!

No comments:

Post a Comment